During this unprecedented drought across much of the Western United States, water conservation could not be more important. Many state and local governments have enacted stringent water restrictions, particularly with respect to outdoor irrigation. In fact, the California Department of Water Resources is leading a statewide initiative, in partnership with local agencies, to collectively replace 50 million square feet of lawns and ornamental turf with drought-tolerant landscapes.
There are lots of ways to have a great yard and save water. One of the best ways to transform your yard into a beautiful, drought-tolerant landscape is with Redwood Bark and Chips. Benefits of choosing redwood bark and chips for landscaping projects include:
- All natural Redwood; no added colors, chemicals, or preservatives
- Excellent color retention for long-lasting beauty
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Sourced from well-managed forests certified to the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®)
- Effective water retention for reduced water loss (evaporation)
- Stable on hill slopes and flat ground
- Effective natural weed barrier
Instead of going to extremes to keep a lush, green lawn, now is the perfect time to replace your water-intensive yard with a naturally beautiful landscape featuring Redwood Bark and Chips.
Redwood Bark and Chips products are available at local retailers and landscape contractors and suppliers.
For additional tips and information, please read our blog post Xeriscaping Your Landscape During This Unprecedented Drought.